Thursday, May 28, 2020

Music for coming out of Confinement

This has been a remarkable time. I have been privileged because I have an income and a garden where I have done more weeding than ever before. But many people have lost incomes, have been stuck inside small apartments, have struggled to educate and entertain their children, and now they have to brave the new virus-threatened world of work and play. We think of them, and we share the sorrow of those who have lost dear ones to this terrible pandemic. Music is one of the greatest sources of solace. For calm, I recommend the Celtic Harp and the West African classical harp = the kora. But I think we need musical excitement. Mory Kanté was a great musician who just died (not from COVID-19). His world-famous hit YekeYeke will get your blood and spirits moving! Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJNiMNUSrw8
Musique et chants mandingues aux funérailles de Mory Kanté ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

STRETCHING is good for keeping you fit and healthy during 2023 !

  I WISH YOU PEACE and HAPPINESS during 2023. I stretch out several times each week to keep my body supple, and my back straight. Over Chr...